We would like to thank all our teachers, staff, students, and parents for reaching this milestone. Gracias!
KSS (Kids Speaking Spanish) Preschool has remained without COVID-19 for over 100 days across all of our 5 locations:
- Preschool in Albany — COVID-free
- Preschool in Montclair — COVID-free
- Preschool in Lincoln Highlands — COVID-free
- Preschool in Willow Glen — COVID-free
- Preschool in Walnut Creek — COVID-free
Thanks to teachers, staff, students, and parents, we have reduced the spread of the virus in our group learning environment — and will continue to do so.
Since early in the pandemic, we made our preschools COVID-secure and developed a COVID-19 Operations Plan based on CDC, state Community Care Licensing Division, and county public health department guidelines.
Our success implementing these protocols has been a true team effort and with Thanksgiving around the corner, we want to show our gratitude to:
- Our teachers, who continue to inspire students every day.
- Our staff, who work tirelessly, even during these difficult times.
- Our students!
- All parents, who have continued to send children to our COVID-secure preschools.
We also want to show gratitude to local frontline workers in healthcare and emergency services. Thank you to all the nurses, doctors, care workers, and emergency personnel who have shown bravery and inspired others to do the same. You are heroes!
Our COVID-19 Operations Plan
- Children use classrooms individually or in small groups (“pods”).
- Pods will not interact with one another.
- Children spend as much time outside as possible (weather-dependent.)
- Ventilated classrooms with air purifiers/filtration.
- Furniture carefully arranged for social distancing.
- No home items allowed (expect for except for lunch boxes, nap items, and indoor shoes.)
- Teachers, staff, and children screened for symptoms/exposure before the shift/school day.
- Teachers, staff, and children monitored for COVID-19 symptoms throughout the day.
Drop Off/Pick Up
- Adults must wear a mask and avoid entering the school when dropping off/picking up.
- Children dropped off/picked up at the classroom door.
Cleaning and Handwashing
- We will adhere to CDC cleaning and handwashing recommendations.
- Teachers will have designated cleaning responsibilities.
- Thorough cleaning of all classrooms, play areas, educational materials, toys, etc.
- We encourage children to wear face coverings.
- Teachers/staff will use gloves when appropriate.
- CDC signs posted throughout the school.
Click here to read our COVID-19 Operations Plan in full.
Our Pod Learning Structure
Part of our success is due to the introduction of a new class structure that allows siblings of different ages to learn together in pods for more efficient contact tracing. We believe this encourages language learning, with older and younger students co-existing in an age-diverse learning environment.
Here are just a few of the benefits of a mixed age classroom:
Older children learn compassion and leadership skills while mentoring younger children in the classroom
Younger children experience higher level thinking and problem solving skills through observation and interactions with the older children
All children mentor and support each other to strengthen our classroom community
If you have any questions about our protocols or pod learning structure, feel free to contact us. Once again, we thank you and all the other parents who have helped us during these unprecedented times.
KSS Immersion Schools welcomes 2 to 6-year-olds in the San Francisco Bay Area with its social distancing-compliant Spanish language immersion programs. Schedule a private tour today!