Effective Date: December 22, 2023
When using our Service, you may provide information to us about yourself or your child. This may include information such as your name, login information, contact information, financial account or payment card information, income tax information, employment information, demographic information, information pertaining to your child’s academic interests, or additional information you choose to provide to us. For example, we may collect this information when you submit forms through our Service, create a profile in Veracross, apply for financial aid, register for events and programs, complete our surveys, join our newsletter list, use the KSS Chatbot, or send us an inquiry.
As part of the admissions and enrollment process, we may receive information about students and prospective students from third parties and combine that information with other personal information that we collect. We may collect the following personal information about you and your child from you or third-party sources: teacher recommendations; student records and personal information KSS receives directly from schools that students previously attended; and student personal information obtained through KSS’s admissions, placement, and testing procedures.
We may use the information we collect for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To provide KSS’s services, including to process applications for admission, assess applications for financial aid, and/or register you or your child for KSS programs and services;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests;
- To communicate with website visitors, students, parents, applicants, alumni, and others;
- To provide newsletters, updates, surveys, and other content that may be of interest to you;
- For business purposes, such as analytics, research, advertising and marketing, payment processing, and operational purposes; T
- To maintain, operate, personalize, and improve the Service;
- To comply with the law and otherwise in relation to legal proceedings;
- To protect our Service and our operations, our rights and property, and the rights and property of others, including to maintain the security of our Service and KSS; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
We may share the information we collect through the Services with parties affiliated with KSS including, to the extent permitted by law:
- With parents/guardians of a student;
- With our teachers and other employees of KSS;
- With other schools in our family of schools; or
- With volunteers, contractors, consultants, and other third parties that help us provide certain activities and features, including academic, enrollment, tuition, and communications or marketing services. Please see the “Third-Party Links and Tools” section below for additional information.
We may also share the information we collect through the Service with outside organizations in limited ways, such as when the sharing is:
- With vendors who provide services to us, such as payment processing, email services, analytics services, and website hosting and support services, among others;
- With Advertising Partners as described in the “Digital Advertising and Analytics” section;
- At your direction or request (including direction by a student’s parent/guardian on behalf of the student), such as providing information to third parties related to standardized testing or transfers to a new school;
- With accreditation, oversight, and research authorities, or with our legal or business advisors;
- Part of an actual or potential sale, merger, or acquisition, or transfers of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law to protect our rights or the rights of third parties, or to protect the safety or security of any person or entity; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limit.
Digital Advertising and Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Service and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
You may visit the DAA Webchoices tool at www.aboutads.info to learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program. You can also exercise choices regarding interest-based advertising on your mobile device by downloading the appropriate version of the DAA’s AppChoices tool at https://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices exercised through the DAA Webchoices tool. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Service and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. For example, KSS uses Google Analytics to improve the performance of the Service and for other analytics purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Service, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We take security measures to help limit abuse of and unauthorized access to personal information.
Third-Party Links and Tools
The Service includes links to third-party websites and apps. Some parts of the Service may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with social media features on the Service, those social media companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public.
Your interactions with third-party companies as described in this section and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We recommend you read the privacy policies of these companies.
To opt out of our email marketing, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message. If you opt out of our email marketing, we will still send you messages related to our transactions and relationship with you.
For choices with respect to third-party interest-based advertising activities, please see the “Digital Advertising and Analytics” section above.
Updating Your Information
When you have an account with us, you may review, change, or update your contact information by logging into your account.
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We recommend that you visit this page periodically to learn of any changes.
Kids Speaking Spanish Preschool
2540 Charleston Street
Oakland, CA 94602