KSS began as a modest private school serving a small group of students; over the past 15 years it has become a sought-after and beloved Spanish immersion program for preschoolers in three Bay Area locations.
Albany – 1331 Portland Avenue
Oakland – 1650 Mountain Blvd
Walnut Creek – 2780 Camino Diablo
San Jose (Willow Glen) – 540 Sands Drive
We are fortunate to have dedicated teachers and staff members who work together to provide an excellent academic program for our students.
- Our thoughtfully-designed curriculum prepares students for kindergarten and provides a solid foundation in Spanish, Math, Humanities/Language Arts, and Science.
- Our instructors rely on a combination of play-based and academically-focused methods for teaching our core program.
- In addition, we teach our students about people, cultural diversity, and our world.
- Each month we discuss and embrace a new theme and participate in events at school and/or in our community.
- Each class is taught in Spanish by a lead instructor who is supported by an assistant teacher.
In our youngest (2’s) classes, children speak the language they feel comfortable speaking. Their bilingual teachers respond in Spanish, supporting their words with body language, context, gestures, intonation, and visual aides.
Parents are typically amazed by how quickly their child begins to understand basic directions and information in their new language.
As children progress to the 3’s and 4’s classes, Spanish is spoken exclusively by teachers. By the time our preschoolers are ready to graduate, they are speaking Spanish comfortably in the classroom.
If you have any questions about our programs please call the location you are interested in. We would love to hear from you.