Feliz año nuevo! Another year, another preschool enrollment period. This month, some parents in the Bay Area will enroll their little ones in Spanish language immersion programs so they can reap the brilliant benefits of being bilingual:
- Preschoolers who learn a second language in an immersive environment improve self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, verbal working memory as well as inhibition, non-verbal working memory, and problem-solving.
- Language learning improves friendships.
- Language immersion builds confidence.
- Kids in immersion programs are more culturally tolerant.
Two- to six-year-olds find it easier to learn a second language than any other age group, soaking up new words and phrases like sponges. Enrolling your child in an immersion preschool is more than an investment. It has life-changing consequences.
This enrollment period differs from the last one. With San Francisco still battling the COVID-19 pandemic, many parents are reluctant to send their kids to preschool, opting for at-home childcare options instead. But the benefits of bilingual education in a safe, immersive environment are too hard to ignore.
Language Immersion in a Post-COVID World
It’s understandable to worry about the pandemic right now. As COVID-19 cases in the Bay Area spiral, some parents are on the fence about out-of-the-home childcare for 2021. Other parents don’t want to sacrifice the educational, social and cultural benefits that only in-class teaching provides including:
- The chance to socialize with other language learners.
- The opportunity to interact, engage and communicate.
- The possibility to make new friendships and connections.
Parents will have to balance COVID-19 risks and the need for their children to prosper from language immersion.
KSS Immersion Schools Provides COVID-Secure Language Learning
During this enrollment period, KSS Immersion Preschools, which operates five Spanish language immersion preschools in the Bay Area, will continue to do what it’s done for 15 years:
Provide the highest-quality early childhood education for parents who value bilingualism.
There will be an even greater emphasis on COVID precautions, with social distancing-compliant immersion programs that prevent the spread of the virus. These precautions include:
- Teaching children in small groups, or “pods.”
- Rigorous temperature checks/screening.
- Stringent cleaning and handwashing policies.
- Drop-off and pick-off rules.
- Providing PPE.
KSS Immersion Schools welcomes 2- to 6-year-olds in the Bay Area with COVID-secure Spanish language immersion programs for 2021. Schedule a private tour today